Why Are You Afraid to Talk about Your Avon Business?

by Lynn Huber on June 11, 2014

Why Are You Afraid to Talk about Your Avon Business?

You and your husband had a free night and the kids are out with friends, so you decide to go out to dinner – just the two of you. There’s a new restaurant down the street and you figure it would be nice to check it out!

So you get there; the food is incredible, the service is awesome and the prices are reasonable. Everything was perfect and you had a wonderful time.

On Monday you go to work and what do you talk about? My guess is you’ll go on and on about the fabulous new restaurant down the street, and how they took care of your every need and made you feel so relaxed and welcome. What a great experience you had!

And then every time someone mentions that they’re thinking about going out to dinner, I bet you’ll bring up that restaurant and tell them they’ve got to go and they’ll be so glad they tried it.

So… now you’ve signed up to sell Avon. You’re excited about your new Avon business and really looking forward to all the money you’ll be making. Also, the products are good and are reasonably priced.

So you go to work on Monday, and how many people do you tell about your new business? What? You feel embarrassed to tell your friends and family about your new business? How come you’re so willing to talk about the restaurant down the street but you’re not comfortable talking with those same people about your new Avon business?

I would venture a guess that the problems lies in the fact that you’re not totally sold yourself. Do you really believe that you’ll be making all that money, or is it just wishful thinking? Do you really believe in the quality of the products? You believe the quality of the service at the restaurant will change other people’s lives, but you’re not 100% sure about your new Avon business.

If you’re having this problem. Take some time to be alone with yourself and really figure out what your belief is. I know that Avon changes people’s lives. I have many on my team whose lives have completely turned around because of Avon. Maybe you haven’t personally experienced that yet. You will see it for yourself, but it may take time to build those success stories.

In the meantime, go to Sales Meetings, get on e-mail lists, anywhere you can meet other Avon Representatives. Get to know them and ask what Avon has done for them. Spend some time getting really comfortable with selling Avon and the opportunity you have to offer.

It is important that you have the belief before you talk to someone else. They will sense that your belief isn’t there and that’s what will cause the hesitation. And… if you have the belief in your Avon business and in your Avon products, you won’t be able to stop talking about it!

I would love to hear about your experience. Please share your thoughts below.

<—— Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below!  I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject!

Let’s have some conversation!

EXPECT Success!

By Lynn Huber

Lynn Huber

p.s. Want to start marketing your Avon business online? We have all the tools you need for less than $25/month. We’ll teach you how to extend your reach online while still following Avon’s guidelines. Click Here for more information about what we offer.

Broken Alarm Clock

Want more tips and trainings?
Get Lose Your Alarm Clock and Fire Your Boss…
Here’s How I did it and YOU Can To!

If you are happy in your Avon business, that is great. I am here to help you and to cheer you on! If you are looking for the right business with a marketing system already in place that works; the right mentor; something you can build online, I would love to share what I am doing with you. Click here and let’s explore the possibilities.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

TomPier May 7, 2010 at 9:48 am

great post as usual!

Lorian Rivers July 2, 2010 at 9:41 am

My problem is when it will directly benefit ME, then I clam up!

I will tell everyone I know..online and off, about the great restaurant…because I have nothing at stake!

But tell me that you will give me $1 per referral, or I actually OWN a piece of the restaurant….and then it’s like I have lockjaw. I am no longer just sharing a good thing, I am attempting to make money at it.

I KNOW this is riduculous but I can’t fix it! Any ideas to get this right in my head? That I am doing them a favor EITHER WAY?

Daryl September 8, 2010 at 3:54 pm

I think I just feel I am being obnoxious by mentioning Avon over & over to people I already know…it would be like a cashier boasting “I work at Safeway” “did I tell you I ring up grocery purchases?” “oh you’ll never guess what happened today at Safeway…”.

I should mention no more than 3 times to each person I know, and go for quantity of people to mention it to. I’m sure sooner or later, someone would be interested.

Sharon Cooper September 19, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I don’t want to reach a point where my friends and family go, oh no it is her again with the Avon. I do try to work it into the conversation, but it is not always easy and when I do I can feel them start to pull away looking for a change of subject.

Lynn September 19, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Hey everyone,

Great comments! One thing I think we should all take into account is we don’t tell the same people over and over about our business :). Especially with your friends – tell them once, and then they’ll hear about it as you go about your life. But if they’re not interested, you need to find new people to talk to about it.

My friends all know I sell Avon, and I talk about it the same as I would talk about a job I was working in – you know… what happened today and all that. But I prospect daily for new people to talk to about the opportunity, and to gain new customers.

Betty April 25, 2012 at 11:57 am

I do talk to my friends about my Avon business. They say “ok that’s great” then the conversation changes. I do try to inject the special of the campaign, but they don’t respond. At holiday time they are interested and place orders but the rest of the time I can’t seem to motivate them…..any special words would be appreciated!

Lynn April 26, 2012 at 12:37 am

Hi Betty,

Sorry, but if they change the conversation, then that means they are not interested. Keep bringing it up whenever possible without going overboard, but you need to find new customers. These friends are not your customers, except maybe during the holidays.

Hugs,