In fact, it seems strange nowadays to think there was ever a time when social media wasn’t an integral part of growing a small business.
Social media is a fun, creative way to share your passions, connect and build relationships with hundreds, even thousands of friends, customers and potential customers all at once. There’s no better way to reach so many people, so fast!
There are lots of social media platforms, but if you’re new, Facebook is a good place to start.
As of December 2016, Facebook reports there are 1.86 billion active monthly users. That’s a lot of people!
Some Avon Representatives have up to 3,000 friends on their page. Share your interests and weave in your excitement about Avon, and you’ll grow your network nicely over time.
Here are some suggestions for Facebook
- Use a profile picture that represents you. Use your face, not your cat or your dog. It’s important that people see the real you if you want to make a connection. I suggest you use the same profile picture across all the social media platforms, and very rarely change it.
- Have fun with your cover photo. This is much more flexible. Show what you love and care about. This can be changed up as your moods change.
- Make posts throughout the day of pictures and videos of what you are doing and what you love – pets, fashion, travel, humor or whatever. Lifestyle is a great subject to post about. Show how you are living life. Again, let the real you come out. Focus on the good things. Keep your posts upbeat and positive. Get this going before you post anything about Avon.
- Post regularly – several times a day. As your network and friends list grows, you can post more frequently.
- “Like” and comment on your friend’s pages to keep up activity and exposure.
- Get to know your connections and build relationships before selling. Be respectful, upbeat and friendly.
- Share some of your Avon experiences – news about products you’ve discovered and the best things about being your own boss.
- If you’re attending RepFest or any other Avon event, be sure to share your excitement about that and what you’re learning and experiencing as part of it.
- Make sure your page is both balanced and inviting. A good rule of thumb is to post 4-7 personal posts for every Avon promotion. Your friends and followers should get to you know as a person and a friend, and then as an Avon Representative.
- On that same note, don’t make your Facebook page all about Avon. Don’t always have an Avon header image or talk about Avon all the time. Again, share your personal life and find a happy balance.
- Consider creating an Avon Facebook business page for your business. You can post on that page all day long and share some of the posts to your personal page.
Take Advantage of Avon’s Social Media Center
Get easy access to fun posts on products and promotions in the Social Media Center of YourAvon.com. You can even share on the go with the new Social Media Center app for your phone.
Get beautiful, instant content on gorgeous new products and how-to videos your friends and family will love to see. Choose from beautiful new posts daily and share with a click to your social networks. Every time you share from the Social Media Center, the posts will be linked to YOUR Avon eRepresentative web store.
Watch this video to see how it works:
Or this video for step-by-step directions:
<—— Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject!
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
Join our OnlineBeautyBiz Facebook Group for more support