Avon Sales Leaders Lead By Example
As a leader in your Avon business, whether you’re comfortable with it or not, you will naturally be in the spotlight.
Good leaders must lead by example. By walking your talk, you become a person others want to follow.
When leaders say one thing but do another, they lose trust a critical element of productive leadership.
Here are some ways Avon Leaders lead by example:
- Sell products to end consumers.
- Personally recruit new representatives.
- Train and mentor new team members, particularly new Representatives.
- Understand and sell the company’s compensation Plan.
- Identify and develop new leaders through goal setting and coaching.
- Recognize team members for their achievements.
- Provide team members with consistent and timely communications.
- Attend all company-sponsored meetings and events.
- Achieve company-sponsored incentives and promotions.
- Personally reinvest their profits to grow their business.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to company when asked.
- Operate with an open door policy to encourage cross lineage support.
- Commit to continuous learning.
- Stay current with technology, social media, and back office tools.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward company, and fellow Representatives and Leaders.
- Operate with a high level of integrity.
The “lead by example” cliché is a cliché because it is true – people are influenced by our actions. Our life as a leader would be easier if we could say all the right things and know that those words would significantly influence our team. While that would be easier, it is also unrealistic. While our words matter, what we do matters far more.
Put another way, others watch our feet more than our lips.
If we want our influence to be positive and productive, we must be clear on what we want from others, and then make sure our actions (as well as our words) support that.
When we do this, we are leading by example in an intentional and productive way.
Let’s start some discussion here. Do you agree? Would you add anything else to the list? Please comment below.
——> Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject! <——
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
Join our OnlineBeautyBiz Facebook Group for more support