The Power of Stories to Explode Your Online Business!
We all love Facebook and Instagram stories, right?
They’re fun, they’re funny, they’re easy and they disappear in 24 hours so there’s no pressure to make them perfect feed-worthy content.
But did you know that you can use them to explode your online business?!?
Growing your Avon business is pretty simple.
There are only 4 main steps:
- Prospecting for new customers & recruits.
- Getting a brochure (either paper or digital) to every customer every campaign.
- Following up with every customer you gave a brochure to every campaign before you place your order.
- Take the order, submit it to Avon and deliver to your customer, or send them to your Avon Online Store to place their order
And then Rinse and Repeat.
It’s really that simple. You just do these 4 steps over and over again, and you will have a strong Avon business.
We have our Daily 8 System to help you work on the activities that will help you grow your business.
The Daily 8 system is a proven formula
When followed consistently, the Daily 8 Plan will help you maintain the consistency required to build a thriving team and an exponentially expanding residual income.
Instead of working 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, your goal is to capture 8 POINTS a day, 5 days a week for a total of 40 POINTS per week.
Follow this plan consistently for 90-days and teach your team to do the same. At the end of 90 days, REPEAT and then REPEAT again. This is your Daily Method of operation.
The real secret to your Avon Business success is that there is NO SECRET!
It simply takes a simple plan and the dedication and commitment to WORK THE PLAN consistently! That’s it!
Want to be part of our Daily 8 Challenge?
And be sure to join our Online Beauty Biz Facebook Group for all the fun!
Learn more about Automating Your Follow-Ups To help you with the Daily 8 Challenge.
Everyone is welcome! Whether you’re on our Avon team or not, we welcome you & invite you to join in. 🙂
Today We’ll Talk About How to Use Stories to Explode Your Online Business
Whether you choose to use Facebook or Instagram (or both) for your stories, these stories can become an important part of your online strategy.
Your stories can be key to meeting new people so that you always have someone new to talk to about your business.
Benefits Of Marketing In Your Stories
People are 15 times more likely to check out your Stories than your posts.
Wow! That’s quite a number, I know! But it’s true.
Your stories are right there, front and center, and super easy for people to click on.
So you want to be right there where people are more likely to see you.
Your Stories are the perfect place to meet new people!
The success of your business depends on always having new people to talk to about your business.
Posting stories provides you with a chance to interact and create engagement.
This makes it easier to have a conversation, and then, when the time is right, to take that conversation to the next level.
But, very important… you want your personal profile to be set to public so people can find you.
Your personal profile is where people will find you, and where you can start to build relationships.
When you post in your stories, they only last for 24 hours before they disappear.
This is great because it gives you the opportunity to reuse content that you’ve used in the past.
When you post content in your stories, some people will see it. But when you post the same content a week or month or more later, different people may see it.
The Goal of Stories
The main goal of using stories to grow your online business is to develop relationships.
And to give your business that free exposure.
Stories can help you build that pipeline, so you always have new people to talk to.
Stories Posting Plan
I suggest you post 4-8 stories per day.
Consistency is key. At least try to have 3-5 stories up at all times.
You want to have a mixture of content.
That means that you have at least…
- One Video – of you talking, or you can recycle an Avon video, or a TikTok Video or Reel that you created in the past. You can recycle that and put that in there.
- One Graphic – some kind of graphic or photo. That could be literally anything. It could be your breakfast, a pic of your office, you using your products without actually talking about your products. When you create curiosity, some people will actually message you and ask you about it.
- One insight into your day – You doing your morning gratitude’s, or you out delivering orders, maybe it’s your furbabies…. This insight into your live allows people to connect with you, and they start to get to know you.
- A quote or inspirational Post – something meaningful to provide value.
- One Product or Business Story – You using one of your products or talking about what you love most about a product, or a product tip….
Story Samples From My Feed
Be Authentic in Your Stories
Stories are meant to provide a window in your life.
Do not worry about being perfect. Just be you!
People need to see you, and what you’re doing.
It’s called Stories. It’s for storytelling!
Show what you look like with no makeup on, and then show them how you apply your makeup.
The one video that I’ve gotten the most engagement on was how easy it is to fill out your eyebrows with a brow pencil. I talk about how I suck at it, but our liner makes it so easy. I’ve even had men purchase brow liners from me because of that video.
Mix Up Your Content
Talk to your audience. Supplement with value-added content. Add polls for engagement, and share your reels and posts into your stories.
Mix it up because then it will help keep that interest level so that people want to continue watching your stories.
Talk live in your stories. Maybe while walking the dog. You can go live in your stories to just tell them what you’ve got going on that day.
5 Stories Post Ideas
- Empowerment / Motivation – This could be quotes, favorite sayings, personal stories, a healthy routine, your wins, and achievements.
- Education / Value – Tips, recipes, hacks, step-by-step, did you know, daily routine, personal insight.
- Promotional Business – People don’t want to be sold on social media. Instead of selling, talk about your favorite products or the products you use. What does it do for you? What do you love about it? What results your customers are getting. – Add a poll – COUPON/INFO – Now you will get the notification that they took your poll, and you can message them with the info you promised or what they asked for.
- Talking Head Connection – Share a story, tips, personal insight, family, daily routine. Or talk about something you’ve accomplished, or something you’re excited about.
- Product Curiosity – Sharing you in the action of using your product, cleaning, etc.
Be sure to keep your content 80% everything else… value, connecting, fun, engagement, personal insights, behind the scenes… and then 20% about business and products.
Keep in mind… people need to see your posts about something 7+ times before they will actually get interested in it.
Create engagement by asking questions. Create a poll or ask a question. When they answer, you’re able to start a conversation.
Your job is to engage with the people you connect with, and your job to invite them to take a look at what you have to offer.
You don’t need to be fancy or perfect. Stories are meant to be you being authentic. They’re meant to give someone a peek inside your life.
——> Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject! <——
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
Join our OnlineBeautyBiz Facebook Group for more support