How To Run A Giveaway/Contest With RafflePress To Grow Your Avon Business
Looking for how to run a WordPress giveaway online?
Hosting a contest is a fantastic (and super fun) way to explode your online growth.
Important: What we are talking about is running a giveaway on your blog.
If you do not have a personal blog, this will not benefit you.
Many popular blogs and websites run contests to push up engagement.
If you want to do the same, then you should know that a giveaway is the fastest to get more customers, subscribers, and users to your Avon Online Store.
This will only work if you have a personal WordPress blog.
If you want to learn how to create your personal WordPress blog, click here.
If you already have one, you are set to go.
All you need is the right tool and a few hours, and you will be able to expand your reach and grow your potential Avon audience.
Benefits of Hosting a Giveaway to Grow Your Business
A giveaway can do all kinds of things to help you grow your following.
It can be an excellent way to:
- Promote a new product or service – You can drive excitement among your email subscribers and followers for something you’re selling, even if Avon has just setup a wait list.
- Grow your email list – We’ve talked about how important your email list is. Growing your email list happens quickly with successful sweepstakes, giveaways and contests.
- Get more website traffic – Traffic naturally spikes when you’re offering a giveaway, especially if you have a giveaways page on your site or direct entrants to view another page.
- Get more leads and new customers – You can ask entrants to sign up for an Account on your Avon Online Store to receive entries to your giveaway.
- Skyrocket your social media following – Gain brand recognition and use the power of social proof. You can offer your audience extra entries by referring a friend and bringing you more followers.
- Increase engagement – Build trust with your audience by keeping them active with your Avon brand.
And it’s one of the easiest to use that I’ve found because you tell it what you want to do and it handles all the entries, and even randomly picks a winner for you.
How to Run a RafflePress Giveaway
Step 1 – Install the RafflePress Plugin
I personally love the RafflePress WordPress plugin.
Since there’s a free version and a user-friendly drag and drop builder, it’s pretty easy for most anyone.
But you’ll definitely want to check out the perks of upgrading to RafflePress Pro, the premium version, mostly because if offers additional fantastic features like the “refer-a-friend” viral sharing, and it integrates with your email list.
To install the plugin, go to your WordPress dashboard and click on Plugins » Add New.
Type RafflePress in the search bar and click Install Now.
Install and Activate the Plug in, and you’re ready to go.
Step 2 – Create Your First Giveaway
Scroll down the page and click on the orange Create Your First Giveaway button.
Next, name your giveaway and select the pre-built giveaway template you want to use.
For this tutorial, we’ll pick a classic giveaway
If you’d like to focus on a specific goal as you host a giveaway, RafflePress Pro Version lets you choose from many additional (and highly effective) pre-built giveaway templates like:
- Grow Your Email List
- Pre-launch Campaign
- Grow Your Facebook Page
- Grow Your Instagram Following
- Refer-a-Friend Viral Giveaway
- Grow Your Twitter Following
- Grow Your YouTube Channel
All are a fantastic way to grow your audience by hosting a giveaway.
Step 3 – Add Details to Your Giveaway
Now that you’ve picked your template, you need to add all the details of your online contest.
First, click on the box with the pencil on the left-hand panel to provide a title, description, and image (Pro) for your prize.
In this Giveaway Prize Details section you can also:
- Add additional prizes by clicking on the +Add Another Prize button
- Set the start and end dates of your contest
- Set your time zone
Step 4 – Add Actions & Entry Options to Your Giveaway
One of the most amazing things about RafflePress is that it has tons of actions and entry methods that you can add to your online contest.
You can completely customize your giveaway to fit your goals and your WordPress website’s goals.
To add an action and edit its entry options, click on the Actions tab on the left-hand panel.
Some possible online growth goals and the suggested entry option actions are to:
- Get more email subscribers — Add the Join an Email Newsletter action.
- Get more social media followers — Add a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or YouTube action (An Instagram giveaway is a great way to encourage others to tag a friend right now).
- Increase social engagement — Add a Refer-a-Friend (Viral Sharing) action or a Watch a Video action.
- Grow your website traffic — Add a Tweet a Message or Visit a Page action.
- Place an order on your Avon Online Store – You can even ask them to put in the Order# to confirm.
There’s a lot of other actions to choose from when you host your giveaway, but these will just get you started.
And then, each action has entry options that can be customized once you click on the + symbol on that action.
Here you can change the title of the action, choose the value of points someone will earn by completing that action, make the action mandatory for entry, allow daily entries, enter the related URL, and more.
Step 5 – Customize the Design of Your Giveaway
To make your giveaway look even more slick, you can customize the design to match your brand’s colors.
To start, click on the Design tab on the left-hand side.
On this page, you can adjust your giveaway’s
- Button Color
- Background (Color or Image)
- Custom CSS
Once you feel good about the style and look of your giveaway, you’re ready to adjust the settings. You’re so close to running your giveaway!
Step 6 – Adjust Your Giveaway Settings
RafflePress gives you tons of options to customize your giveaway even more in the settings panel.
First things first, you should enter your contest rules. Let’s do that before we adjust any other settings.
To get started, click on the Settings tab with the gear icon. Then, select Giveaway Rules and click on the orange + Generate Rules button.
Next, enter all the details of your giveaway on the page that popped up and click on the Generate Rules button at the bottom of the generator.
RafflePress will then use the information you entered and generate basic giveaway guidelines and rules.
Also, on this setting page, you can do many other things like:
- Enable email verification
- Success tracking
- Social logins
- Display your giveaway winners
- Success redirection
- and more…
Step 7 – Save Your Giveaway
Once the details, actions, design, and settings of your giveaway are customized to your liking, don’t forget to click the Save button in the top right corner.
Step 8 – Publish Your Giveaway to Your WordPress Site
The final step is to publish your giveaway on your website.
To do this, RafflePress offers 3 options:
- RafflePress WordPress Block – Embed the giveaway in your post or page in the WordPress block editor
- WordPress Shortcode – Use the Classic WordPress editor and embed the giveaway using a shortcode
- Giveaway Landing Page – Build a standalone landing page for your giveaway
I actually prefer using the WordPress Shortcode to enter it into a blog post.
Create a new page or post and then click on the “Add Giveaway” button to locate the RafflePress Giveaway you want to insert.
Choose your Giveaway, and then click on Add Giveaway.
It will insert a Short Code into your post that will embed Giveaway Widget when you publish your page or post.
Publish or schedule your post, and you’re ready to go!
Step 9 – Promote Your Giveaway
Make sure to share your giveaway on all of your social networks, your email newsletter, and through other online communities, forms, friends, and influencers.
It really is that simple to create your own giveaway!
You now know exactly how to host a giveaway with a WordPress giveaway plugin.
Get started and create a giveaway for free with RafflePress today.
——> Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject! <——
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
Join our OnlineBeautyBiz Facebook Group for more support