What is MLM, Network Marketing, And Direct Sales?
MLM stands for Multi-Level Marketing, also known as Network Marketing or Direct Sales. Avon falls into this category, but is typically referred to as Direct Sales.
Basically it’s just a system of marketing and delivering products or services directly to the end-user. The products and services are moved through a “network” of independent representatives. It’s an incredible system that cuts out the middle man and it really works!
This sales model that is used by Avon to compensate their representatives has created many wealthy people in the US alone, and has become the fastest growing home business trend around the world!
Some of the Advantages of MLM:
- Start-up costs are generally pretty low – nowhere near the cost of starting up a brick and mortar business – so if you find it doesn’t work for you, the risk is minimal.
- It is quite possible to earn a full-time income with part-time hours. If you are willing to invest as little as 10-20 hours per week, you can earn several hundred to several thousand dollars per month.
- You’ll have what’s called Residual income – money that keeps coming in even months or years after you’ve done the work. This alone can make a huge impact on your retirement.
- With all the concern about the struggling economy, having your own business puts you in charge, and doesn’t leave you vulnerable to the whims or bottom line numbers of your employer. Job security just isn’t what it used to be.
- You can learn while you earn – the quicker your learning process, the faster you’ll make the money.
- It gives you the time freedom you can’t get from a 9-5 job, or an employer who wants you to work 50-60 hours per week to earn your salary.
- Anyone can be successful in this business whether they are educated or not, come from a good background or not… the opportunity is the same for everyone. If you’re willing to apply a laser-like focus and stay the course and never give up, you can achieve whatever it is that you want.
Most of us do a little network marketing every day. The difference is that we don’t really know that’s what we’re doing and we’re not actually getting paid for it.
Let’s say you saw a great movie and recommended it to all your friends, you are doing network marketing for the theater and the film company that produced the movie.
The difference between this type of network marketing and the kind you’re doing when you send someone to the bakery you just visited is that in this case, you’re getting paid. Some network marketers, as a matter of fact, are getting paid extremely well.
More and more companies are jumping on the MLM bandwagon.
Many companies are beginning to realize that the dollars they spend on advertising their products and attempting to identify their markets are better spent on the consumers themselves.
After all, who do you prefer to purchase your consumables from, your best friend or the big chain down the street that doesn’t pay any attention to you when you walk in the door?
Who better to buy from than our friends, the people we trust and see on a regular basis? In our high tech world, consumers are tired of the lack of personal service they receive while shopping and crave the opportunity to form one-on-one relationships with the suppliers of the products they purchase.
As technology continues to advance and consumers continue to be lacking the personal touch they desire, the MLM/Network Marketing industry will continue to flourish!
And with Avon moving into the Digital Realm, your customers are getting the best of both worlds – an online shopping experience with their own Avon Representative to guide them along.
Don’t miss out on this incredible career choice. Take the time to find out more today. You owe it to yourself to check out all of the options available to you and start taking advantage of them.
<—— Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject!
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber