What Are YOU Bringing To Your Business?
It’s a whole yew year, and a perfect time to reevaluate your Avon business.
The truth is, although being successful with Avon is simply a matter of following a few simple steps over and over again, it’s also hard. It takes a strong drive and dedication to do those steps every day without fail without getting discouraged.
That’s why most Representatives look for short-cuts and quick fixes to achieve their goals. But unfortunately, that’s just not what is going to help you become successful.
Whatever it is you’re working to become good at, it’s the overcoming challenges and achieving what you set out to do that makes the success so sweet.
So let’s talk today about showing up.
As the expression goes…
80% of success is showing up.
Yes, that’s absolutely true! But there is some good news and some bad news about showing up.
Let’s look at the bad news first…
Showing up by itself isn’t what it’s going to take. If you show up but have some other problem, these things are hard to fix:
- Oversleep or miss your bus – you can’t turn back time. Yes, you can postpone the meeting or apologize profusely, but the reality is you’re late and you’ve probably lost some respect because of it.
- Walk into a black tie event dressed in blue jeans and a hoodie – you are going to stand out and not in a good way. Yes, even if you are wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. 🙂
- Show up not having done your homework – your lack of preparation or inadequate skills will reveal themselves and people will begin to question whether you’re the person they want to follow.
Now for the good news…
If you define showing up by only these three conditions (on time, dressed appropriately, and prepared), you’ve left out some very important considerations.
In fact, these considerations, if left out, will erode the value of the other three pieces. They are so powerful, they also have the potential to make up for some deficiencies in other areas.
And these are something you can change instantly – just by making the decision
In fact, how you show up can make all the difference.
So what is this that you will want to bring to your business to achieve that success?
The right attitude for the situation at hand…
Your attitude is probably the most important thing that you can bring to any situation, including the overall success of your Avon business. It really matters.
Here are just a few possibilities of attitudes that you might be bringing with you:
Think about the last situation you were in in your business. Or think about your general attitude towards your business every day.
- Was your attitude appropriate for the situation?
- Did you make things better and help advance yourself, your team, and your Avon business?
- If not, what attitude should you have brought with you?
Here’s a challenge for you…
The next time you’re about to walk into a meeting, or talk to a customer or team member…
Pause, Reflect, and Choose the right attitude that will help you find the success you’re looking for.
It will make all the difference in your business success, the amount of money you earn, and those around you will appreciate the way you showed up!
——> Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject! <——
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
Join our OnlineBeautyBiz Facebook Group for more support